Roberts Family Adventures

The chronicles of the Roberts family since moving to Elk Grove, CA in July 2006.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Roxy Restaurant & Bar -- Perfect


You knew it was going to eventually happen. It was only a matter of time. I would walk into a restaurant and discover the best that Sac town had to offer.

Margaret told me she had been to a spot that reminded her of some of the cooler/hip San Fran restaurants we'd been too. I didn't believe her. She was right, I was wrong...Wait did I really admit that??!

Roxy is excellent. The service, decor and mood is perfect. It's nice but not high brow. The presentation is great but not outlandish. We went for a late lunch and had calamari and onion rings as an appetizer. The only complaint here was it was more rings than calamari but both were great. (As were the tartar and cocktail sauces.)

I also had the pureed squash soup and it was fabulous. The girls, Margaret and I all loved our meals. The price was right; definitely on the reasonable side of expensive. I was looking for a Riesling that they didn't have and our waiter (Aaron) suggested an excellent alternative. His service was attentive but not in the way. The maitre de was cleaning finger prints off of the windows throughout the restaurant. Now she could of been bored but that's the kind of dedication a 6 forker pays!!

If all Sac restaurants were like this, I'd gain another 50 pounds. Maybe I should be happy I haven't found em yet.