Roberts Family Adventures

The chronicles of the Roberts family since moving to Elk Grove, CA in July 2006.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mikuni Japanese is so good...


I've found it! That's right, this is the one! Mikuni is so good, that I've signed up for their frequent eaters card. What does this mean? As my waist line expands, I get discounts on more sushi!!

Seriously though - this is the real deal. I don't know if they really eat Sushi in Japan or if that's just good ole' American marketing but, if they do, it must taste like this. I had the Puff Daddy; tempura fried shrimp stuffed with crab, avocado and lobster; best shrimp I've ever had. My other favorite is #99 with lobster. This is a roll that comes with crab (notice a pattern here), eel and avocado.

The girls have had the tempura and chicken teriyaki. Margaret...We're working on her but I think she's had the same.

Because I'm part of the "club" (see above), I get emails about other events that they are putting on -- Sushi bus; all you can eat Sushi prepared by the onboard chef while the bus travels the Sac Valley; Classes on how to make sushi; A deal with Shari's Berries.... I could go on and on but there's no need. The only reason it's not getting 6 forks is the place is LOUD. The service is good. The food is excellent. The decor is modern. I don't know if it gets much better than this...