Roberts Family Adventures

The chronicles of the Roberts family since moving to Elk Grove, CA in July 2006.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Don Sammy's Taqueria


Don, Don, Don. I had such high hopes for my first entry into the local burrito scene. Having spent considerable time in the Mission district, I know a good burrito when I see one and this ain't it.

Donny boy, you get 2 out of 6 forks cuz I'm in a good mood.

Typical service from a family owned burrito eatery...but I wasn't expecting Ritz Carlton like attention so I won't ding em' for that.

I will however show no mercy for unseasoned meat, bland whole pinto beans and salsa, and "ok" rice. Maybe I'm spoiled, maybe I'm a snob (which I don't doubt) but I'm missing my choice of tortillas --spinach or tomato, beans --black, pinto, whole or refried, and fruit drinks.

Don has a way to go to fill that once a week heartburn that a fine burrito eatery will always leave you with...