Roberts Family Adventures

The chronicles of the Roberts family since moving to Elk Grove, CA in July 2006.

Monday, June 25, 2007

...these are a few of my favorite things....

No, not girls in white dresses, but boys in white uniforms (with black and orange letters)..... GIANTS!!!!!!! And definitely my idea of one of the best ways to spend my birthday! Dead center field, blue sky and sunshine and a Giants spanking of the Yanks - 9-2! Could have done without the two girls behind us for a few innings hollering for their hometown boys (Jeter et al) and the beer she splashed on my ankle (ditz!).... but all in all it was fun in the SF sun.

To celebrate Father's Day and his birthday (today, June 25th) I got a pair of tickets for my Dad too. He brought my brother-in-law Mike along for Mike's first EVER major league baseball game. I think he had fun too.

The Clemens vs. Bonds duel was anti-climactic. Roger walked Barry on 5 pitches. Since we'd been treated to a pretty rare Barry Bonds steal earlier in the game the fact that he wasn't terribly productive at the plate (no HRs) was OK.

Sending the Yanks packing with two losses in the series was a great birthday gift - thanks boys! :-)

For those of you readers who are wondering, I'm still closer to 35 than 40! Ha!
Posted by Picasa